Last Modified: 8 November 2019
OUR PLEDGE LTD., (“OUR PLEDGE LTD.,” “Our,” “Us,” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through Our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information We may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.ourpledge.co.uk (“Website”) and Our practices for using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information We collect:
On this Website.
From e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you and Us.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by OUR PLEDGE LTD. or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for use by anyone under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 do not register to use the website. If you believe that we may have information about a person under the age of 18 or that a person under the age of 18 is using the site please contact us.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of Our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as first and last name, home or other physical address, e-mail address(es), social media account(s) information, website URLs, and telephone number(s) (“personal information”);
- You provide in connection with your use of the Website, such as videos, images, audio, text, messages, and other content and communications;
- You provide when you use the Website;
- That is about you, but individually does not identify you, such as your IP address, occupation, birth date, gender, location, account preferences; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access Our Website, and Website usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to Us.
- Automatically as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties that provide Us with services related to Our business including services related to the development and operation of Our Website, processing transactions, and Our communications.
3.1. Information You Provide to Us
The information We collect on or through Our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on Our Website. This includes information you provide when you: (i) register to use Our Website; (ii) revise your profile; (iii) utilize any features of the Website; (iv) post content to the Website; (v) contact or communicate with Us; and/or (vi) communicate with other Website users.
- Records and copies of your communications (including e-mail addresses) if you contact Us.
- Your responses to surveys that We might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you enter into with Us. Importantly, other than the last four digits of a credit or debit card number, We do not maintain financial account, credit card, or debit card numbers; security codes; access codes; or other financial information that would permit access to your financial accounts (collectively, “Financial Information”). All financial transactions with Us are processed though Our third party payment solution provider Stripe.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on our Website, or transmitted to other Website users or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on the Website and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may select certain settings in your account to limit who has access to certain information posted by you, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, We cannot control the action of other Website users with whom you choose to share your User Contributions and personal information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Accordingly, you should not post anything that you wish to keep confidential or are required by law or otherwise to keep confidential.
3.2 Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with Our Website, We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including: (i) whether you are a new or returning user; (ii) content viewed during your visit; (iii) frequency, duration, and recency of content viewed during your visit; (iv) your searches on the Website; (v) server connection speed; (vi) traffic data; (vii) location data; and (viii) logs and other communication data.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your: (i) IP address; (ii) operating system; (iii) device type; (iv) network; and (v) browser type.
- See Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information for information on how you can opt out of behavioural tracking on this Website and how We respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioural tracking.
The information We collect automatically is statistical data, but We may maintain it or associate it with personal information We collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps Us to improve Our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling Us to:
- Estimate Our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing Us to customize Our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to Our Website.
The technologies We use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of Our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on Our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see: Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of Our Website and Our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit OUR PLEDGE LTD., for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Again, We do not collect personal information automatically, but We may tie this information to personal information about you that We collect from other sources or you provide to Us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to Us, including any personal information:
- To present Our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from Us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To allow you to participate in the interactive features on Our Website with other users.
- In any other way We may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about Our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties We use to support Our business and the operation of the Website and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which We disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of OUR PLEDGE LTD.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding in which personal information held by OUR PLEDGE LTD. about Our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To other users of Our Website, consistent with your profile settings in effect at the time of disclosure and this policy.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to or cooperate with any government or regulatory request or investigation.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of OUR PLEDGE LTD., Our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To any person who claims that material posted through your account violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to Us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. Currently, We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional advertising. If in the future this changes, We will update this policy to reflect this change and, minimally, We will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of such uses of your personal information. Importantly, this is distinct from how other Website users may use personal information that you provide or make available to them. As discussed below, We do not control and are not responsible for how other Website users may use your personal information to the extent your choose to make it available to them.
- Promotional Offers from OUR PLEDGE LTD. Currently, We do not use your e-mail address/contact information to promote Our own or third parties’ products or services. If in the future this changes, We will update this policy to reflect this change and, minimally, We will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of such uses by Us of your e-mail address/contact information. Importantly, We do not consider communications We send to you in connection with your Website registration or your access and use of the Website as promotional advertising.
- Targeted Advertising. Currently, We do not use information that We collect or that you provide to Us to deliver advertisements according to advertisers’ target-audience preferences. If in the future this changes, We will update this policy to reflect this change and, minimally, We will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of such uses of information that We collect or that you provide to Us.
Importantly, We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Use of Your Personal Information By Other Website Users. The Website is a social media site designed to allow users to share information with other users. The Website allows you to make certain choices about the types of information you make available to other Website users. You can make and change these choices after you log in to the Website under “Manage My Profile.” Changes to these preferences only apply prospectively. Importantly, We do not control how other Website users use information that you provide or make available to them. Accordingly, you are urged to use caution in deciding what information you choose to share on the Website and with other users.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review, change, and delete personal information contained in your profile by logging into the Website and selecting “Manage My Profile.” Deleting all of your personal information will result in the deletion of your profile. Even if you delete personal information contained in your profile, We may retain personal information about you for Our internal uses. Deletion of your personal information from your profile may not result in the deletion of your User Contributions. If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
We have implemented measures designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any payment transactions with Us will be encrypted using SSL technology and processed through Our third party payment solution provider Stripe.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for keeping your User ID and Password confidential. We ask you not to share your User ID and Password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about the type of information you provide and make available to other Website users.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We do Our best to protect your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to Our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.